Sunday 31 October 2010

Happy Halloween!

This past week Tracy and I were stunned to learn that apparently China and Nigeria neglect celebrating Halloween. Since Halloween is fantastic and deserves celebration, Tracy and I decided to throw another party for the flat and company. Since some of the boys arrived early, they showed off their skills by baking for us this time around!
Joel and Jimmy, being adorably domestic as they argue over the cupcake mix.






















Jimmy was especially proud of the finished product- he added each white chocolate sprinkle with tender loving care.

I got us a pumpkin to cut up as well, since anything you can both set on fire AND eat is awesome.

"No. No, Jimmy, you cannot pour whiskey on the candle." (I'm serious.)



I'm pleased to report that fire-lit vegetables are popular with 20-year olds all over the world! 

Charming! I did my best with the knife we had. Haha, Joel, not realizing that by "cut up" I meant "carve a face," actually about hacked the thing in half with a massive butcher knife. Fortunately I rescued the little guy just in time!

Delicious pumpkin seeds- totally worth touching the nasty pumpkin guts.


Highlights:

This morning Tracy, Lorraine, and Natalie gave me a call, asking if I wanted to meet up with them at the "Snail and Lettuce" for breakfast/lunch. I walked in and they had pre-ordered a full English breakfast for me. Good gawd-- for friends who went to London with me, forget what the hotel served us in the mornings! On one plate here there were two sunny side up eggs, two thick slices of toast, two huge slices of bacon, baked beans, a small cup of melted butter, a big mushroom, and a massive sausage, PLUS a huge cup of tea to go with it. Now THAT is a full breakfast!

For the record, things I might never get used to: Not getting ice in ANY drink you order.










Things I'm adjusting to a little too quickly: Just wearing leggings instead of pants.


2 comments:

  1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO LEGGINGS AS PANTS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS, JESS! YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS! lol

    ReplyDelete