Friday 15 October 2010

The daily Bristol Walk- Finally, photos!

This is one of several "Banksy" graffiti art pieces around the city- haha, I get to pass this little masterpiece every morning, it's about 3minutes from where I live.

This is the stunning Bristol Cathedral that is (more or less) right behind my building. I walk 3 minutes, and BAM- why, hello epic cathedral, good morning to you too!

Me and Tracy, standing in front of one of the entrances to said epic cathedral :D
Another gorgeous shot of the gorgeous cathedral (Tracy has a pretty sexy camera with all the bells and whistles). The dude there is named "something... something... Roy"-- I kid you not. Therefore, his name shall henceforth be simply Roy. Because that is awesome, and he looks like a Roy anyway.

This is College Green, I believe, and it stretches all around in the front of the cathedral. Very beautiful.

Perfect place for a field trip! They had all the little British chillen in neon vests, so they could be spotted as they ran around the green in front of the Cathedral (*note: if this was my what my childhood was like, I'd want to sip tea all the time too)

This is right in the same area, I believe it is some kind of council building- it curves around one side of the College Green, just being its epic British self.

More of the Green. This panoramic view is of the street right in front of the street we actually live on. These are all pretty daily sights for us.

Now! We shall climb THE hill. Park Street. It is my arch nemesis, and I must face it every day if I want to go just about anywhere. No photo can really do it justice, but this one is trying pretty hard.






Aaaand we're climbing, and we're climbing, crazy British car, and we're climbing, Wallace and Gromit, and we're climbing, Swinky's (*squee! cutest cupcake/chocolate shop ever), climbing, frickin' climbing...











Milkshake break!!!
*The shakes tasted good, but were very foamy compared to what I'm used to (aka, good old, dense, ice creamy, give-you-an-anuerism-trying-to-drink-it-with-a-straw, 'Murican shakes)


AND YES! VICTORY! Top of the world! Take that, hill, YEAH. 



Our reward is the Will's Memorial Building and the attached Bristol Museum. What's that, Hogwarts, you feel like living in Bristol and being epic today? Yeah, that's cool with me, you just do your thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment