Wednesday 10 November 2010

A brief update

Applications are moving right along! The two-page version of my personal statement is complete, I'm doing my best to polish my writing sample, I have ordered GRE scores for the first wave of schools, and I'm now just waiting (with baited breath) to hear back from Dr. Punter-- if he thinks my application materials are good enough, hopefully he'll write me my third rec letter and I'll be good to go!!!

The first round of papers are due late November/early December for me too, so I've picked my topics and I'm starting on those as well. What's odd though, is that these first papers are "formative," which basically means they're practice, and they won't count for a grade. Our entire grade for the quarter will instead be determined by a single paper-- the next one. No pressure.

As you can probably tell, last weekend was mostly spent working, BUT since Sunday was Eunjae's birthday, I did help Tracy bake her a cake late Saturday night:


"HAppY b-DAy" !  ...we had to make the "B" lowercase because we had eaten too many of the blackberries... But! It was still clearly made with love?

Making a wish!


Highlights:

~There is a British girl in my class named "Harriet Potter." My gawd, I REALLY hope she's a fan of the books.

~One of my professors (who we will get to have in class next Tuesday) popped into our class yesterday wearing black shoes, purple pants, and a tweed jacket with a little, red paper flower pinned to the breast pocket. Holy shit, it was so awesome. Visual aid below.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment